Our Mission Statement
The American Medical Student Association is committed to improving health care and healthcare delivery to all people; promoting active improvement in medical education; involving its members in the social, moral and ethical obligations of the profession of medicine; assisting in the improvement and understanding of world health problems; contributing to the welfare of medical students, premedical students, interns, residents and post-MD/DO trainees; and advancing the profession of medicine.
What is AMSA?
· We are the largest, independent organization of physicians-in-training.
· AMSA is developed and governed by students.
· We lead initiatives locally & nationally in medical education, public health, student & patient advocacy, health policy, and global health.
AMSA’s Strategic Priorities
· Quality, affordable health care for all
· Global health equity
· Enriching medicine through diversity
· Professional integrity, development and student well-being